International Shipping

Have a suggestion for Green Ronin? Post it here.

Moderator: Super Moderators

International Shipping

Postby psychodrive » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 am

I would appreciate a more granular shipping approach for international customers. Big ask, I know.

As reasoning:

1)
The shipping box that the DA GMs screen came in was ridiculously oversize for the contents ( i really like the packing beans you lot use, but that aside) and I get the impression that the box is a flat charge and the weight is additional.

2)
At the moment, the exchange rate means that I will pay the same (usually more) if I order the products from the local gaming shop (if I can even bother to request a special order firm the arrogant prigs). Thus, I order from you because I know you likely have a better profit margin that way.

When the Australian dollar falls again, total cost will be about twice what it is now, perhaps more. At that rate, my most recent purchase would be approximately 200AU$ for 2 books and would include 85AU$ of shipping.

Pending a significant raise or local online retailers and assorted sales, I will stop buying the hard copies. I don't know if that is better or worse economically for GR, but it certainly is for me.

A reduction in shipping costs would provide needed relief.
psychodrive
Cohort
Cohort

Re: International Shipping

Postby Whifflepook » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I know what you mean about those big ol' boxes. Heck, I've also heard a lot of praise about them, and can see why GR continue to use them (furthering the whole "quality product" mindset), but let's be honest; you could get the Dragon Age GM kit into a large envelope. I would really appreciate an option to have that; just a little checkbox on the order screen, so that you can continue to be trying to provide a quality service, despite your penny-pinching players.
I say this mainly because I know that no matter how well packaged a gaming aid is, it will be covered in salsa and crumbs within five minutes of removing it from the box anway, and so the saftey of my cardboard during shipping isn't of paramount priority to me.

On the other hand, I can see how something like this could cause a lot of micromanagment issues, which would just up the handling cost as muchas it would lower the shipping costs, so I guess it's up to someone at GRHQ with a calculator and some pateince for numbers.

As an aside; ouch on the currency there...
Whifflepook
Bystander
Bystander

Re: International Shipping

Postby clark24 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:11 pm

It takes at least 2 weeks or more. Don't pay the extra $2 or so for standard shipping because it doesn't get to you any faster and the only benefit is the tracking number which doesn't even update until it's in front of your doorstep. LOL
clark24
clark24
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Suggestion Box