[Help]Unable to send PM's, I think!

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

[Help]Unable to send PM's, I think!

Postby Nikodemos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 am

Life to you, GR Administrators. And everlasting glory.

Have sent 3 PM's over the last week, press submit and message comes up sent. However when I check my PM's, they are sitting in the Outbox and not in the Sentbox.
Now the people i've PM'ed, live in different countries to me and they may not of had a chance to respond to my PM. However i'm concerned! TIA.
Nikodemos
Bystander
Bystander

Re: [Help]Unable to send PM's, I think!

Postby Pramas » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm

I got one from you, which would seem to indicate you can indeed send them.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Nikodemos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 am

Life to you, Pramas. And everlasting glory.

Thanks for the quick response, like I said I wasn't sure. Now I know I can just wait for responses.
Nikodemos
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zapp » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 am

No, you reacted reasonably in this case.

The secret is that - unlike most email clients - the forum software stores sent but not read PMs in your "outbox". Sent messages contains PMs that are sent and read.

I can completely emphatize your confusion, since the "outbox" would almost everywhere else store emails the system has not gotten around to sending just yet.

And yes, this means the sender can always see when you read your PMs, since it is at that time the PM is moved from the sender's Outbox to his or her box of Sent Messages...

TL;DR: Forum software messaging doesn't work anything like the email clients you're used to.
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to General Discussion