Dragon Age Box Set 3

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Re: Dragon Age Box Set 3

Postby MacGrein » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:50 pm

One place I'm looking forward in the Wiki/Green Ronin/Bioware is Rivain.
There are a lot of apostates, qunari settlements and freedom everywhere, as well the Darkside of everything.
I saw somewhere I don't remember well, something about the stereotypes of countrys/reigns used in the Thedas realms. Something like Tevinter/Imperial Rome, Orlais/France, Anderfel/Medieval Germany, etc. I think it was in the Bioware Foruns...
The Cake...
...is a lie
MacGrein
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Bardwulf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 am

I too second the chorus of "more tier 2 content". I just wish they would. Jesus, that IS a bigger priority than set 3...
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Zaki » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 am

Bardwulf wrote:I too second the chorus of "more tier 2 content". I just wish they would. Jesus, that IS a bigger priority than set 3...

Nope. For us who make our own adventures, it would be a slap in the face if they delayed Set 3 do make more adventures for Set 2.
For the Maker shall be her bacon and her shield
Zaki
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby shonuff » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Zaki wrote:
Bardwulf wrote:I too second the chorus of "more tier 2 content". I just wish they would. Jesus, that IS a bigger priority than set 3...

Nope. For us who make our own adventures, it would be a slap in the face if they delayed Set 3 do make more adventures for Set 2.

IIRC the Deep Roads campaign is a tier 2 content. What would be really neato is if in conjunction with Set 3, a mini-campaign would be released, as well.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Jekias » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 am

So now we have official news about Set 3:

Dragon Age, Set 3: Last but by no means least, we come to my baby, Dragon Age. This set includes the rules for characters level 11–20, as well as a plenty of new source material about Thedas and a new adventure. Since it'd be impossible for us to print this at the same time as Emerald City and DC Universe, the plan is to release the PDF and start the pre-order in November and then release the physical product in January.

I know this is not ideal and that the Dragon Age fans have been waiting a long time for Set 3, but the January release will actually be good for the game. As you may or may not have heard, I filmed two episodes of TableTop, Wil Wheaton's excellent show on the Geek & Sundry network. I ran Dragon Age for Wil, Chris "The Nerdist" Hardwick, and two mystery guests. My episodes will air in February and they close out Season 1 of TableTop. Getting Set 3 out right before these episodes will ramp up the Dragon Age excitement at the right time, and then in February we'll have the complete game available for those who watch the show and join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant.

Posted on the front page of GR - highlighted the release date for emphasis.
Jekias
Booster
Booster

Postby shonuff » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:48 am

Of course, no mention about the Deeps Roads module...
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Elfie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:58 am

Awesome news! Super excited!
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Saisei » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:50 am

Hurray I guess.

Disappointed that its pushed back to 2013 (like so many other good things this year) but at least there's finally a release date.

I'm presuming the generic fantasy product that was mentioned at the start of the new year won't be around until next year either.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Andferne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:46 am

Much like Saisei said. I'm happy we have news and finally a set release date, but very disappointed that it's about 5 months away. :(
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bardwulf » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:35 am

shonuff wrote:
Zaki wrote:

IIRC the Deep Roads campaign is a tier 2 content. What would be really neato is if in conjunction with Set 3, a mini-campaign would be released, as well.

Yes, Deep Roads is a tier 2, which is why by logical and chronological reasoning it should come out first. That's like saying they should have released tier 2 before Blood In Fereldan...I wouldn't have even started yet if not for that book and that'd be one customer less, plus all the videos I've done about it on YouTube and all the people I've brought into buying the game because of said videos. As a spokeperson for this game for better or worse, I feel somewhat responsible too and feel GR need to be told what order to get their priorities in by those who's stance is adverse to yours but equally viable to GR as paying customers. :)
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Scott McFarland » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 am

If the pdf does come out before xmas then we'll at least have the final rules for 11-20 in our hands within 4 months.

But yes, sadly it's been a long time coming.
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby superduper » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Jekias wrote:So now we have official news about Set 3:

Dragon Age, Set 3: Last but by no means least, we come to my baby, Dragon Age. This set includes the rules for characters level 11–20, as well as a plenty of new source material about Thedas and a new adventure. Since it'd be impossible for us to print this at the same time as Emerald City and DC Universe, the plan is to release the PDF and start the pre-order in November and then release the physical product in January.

I know this is not ideal and that the Dragon Age fans have been waiting a long time for Set 3, but the January release will actually be good for the game. As you may or may not have heard, I filmed two episodes of TableTop, Wil Wheaton's excellent show on the Geek & Sundry network. I ran Dragon Age for Wil, Chris "The Nerdist" Hardwick, and two mystery guests. My episodes will air in February and they close out Season 1 of TableTop. Getting Set 3 out right before these episodes will ramp up the Dragon Age excitement at the right time, and then in February we'll have the complete game available for those who watch the show and join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant.

They aren't kidding, I think DA3 should release in November over MnM Emerald City stuff, we've been waiting longer than MnM fans, makes no sense even though they try to make sense out of the dribble. Just doesn't make me happy at all, i am not a big PDF fan and why they think everyone is is beyond me.
superduper
Bystander
Bystander

Postby shonuff » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah, I don't do the PDFs unless they are absolutely the only way to get something. I like books.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Ghostdanser » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I guess I'll get the pdf, but since I only use electronic copy for search references I won't actually read the rules until the hard copy is released.

Anything else I say will not help, so shutting up.
TTFN,
Ghostdanser
"Reality is perception...and perceptions lie."
Ghostdanser
Groupie
Groupie

Postby superduper » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Ghostdanser wrote:I guess I'll get the pdf, but since I only use electronic copy for search references I won't actually read the rules until the hard copy is released.

Anything else I say will not help, so shutting up.

I know buddy, GR really won't listen to us anyhow so what we say means nothing.
superduper
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ghostdanser » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 pm

superduper wrote:I know buddy, GR really won't listen to us anyhow so what we say means nothing.

Actually I do believe GR listens, case in point is that Hindmarch posted in the forums today. GR has gotten the message that some Dragon Age gamers aren't pleased, so me seriously venting will not make a bad situation any better for anyone. Rather than dwell on what can't be changed I prefer to just move on to other topics. GR already has enough to deal with, without having to listen to me complain.
TTFN,
Ghostdanser
"Reality is perception...and perceptions lie."
Ghostdanser
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Bardwulf » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:41 am

To respond calmly to this post, yes I too only like to use physical product too, so I won't be buying the PDF either, unless someone sends me it first. I'll still buy the product on release anyhow, because that's how I roll.

Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby elstiko » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:19 pm

I feel like Chris Pramas' Reddit AMA quote from 28th March 2013 should be included here:

[–]BChapline 1 point 9 months ago
When Am I going to get Dragon Age RPG: Set 3 in my life? All of your interviews I've read say soon.
[–]FreeportPirate[S] 2 points 9 months ago
With licensed games, it is difficult to be precise. When I've tried to give actual dates, events have overcome us and then we disappoint people. That's why I'm hesitant now. We will be starting previews next week, so things really are moving ahead.
permalinkparent
[–]BChapline 1 point 9 months ago
That is good news! Is there any way to preorder Set 3 so I can get it as soon as possible?
permalinkparent
[–]FreeportPirate[S] 2 points 9 months ago
We don't start pre-orders until a book is finished and the PDF is ready. That way people know they are ordering something that actually exists. We also run a pre-order special, where you can get a PDF of what you just for $5 extra. That way you know the physical book is coming but you can look at the PDF right away.
elstiko
Bystander
Bystander

Previous

Return to Dragon Age RPG