Any chance for not "Set" supplements?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Any chance for not "Set" supplements?

Postby skywalker » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:13 am

I know all the focus is on the "Sets" especially due to the considerable delay between them, but is there chance for more supplements for Dragon Age between them?

Originally, I recall GR suggesting that there would be an adventure anthology for each Set, like Blood in Ferelden for Set 1. Are we getting something similar for Set 2?
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Any chance for not "Set" supplements?

Postby Zapp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 am

A second adventure pack has been announced, but I agree, for a supposedly big line, there is precious little Dragon Age support material in the pipeline (a line does not thrive only on rules).

My theory is that Green Ronin have realized this too, hence the AGE products (Dragon Ageish fantasy with the serial numbers filed off needs not go through the apparently very cumbersome Bioware approval process).

I saw the second such product on the front page; if this pace (once a month?) can be kept up (for a year or three) then perhaps we'll see a decent support library of AGE products after all :)
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Saisei » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 am

I may be wrong here, but didn't they say that the planned second adventure anthology (set in the Deep Roads) had been put on hold so they could get Set 3 finished?

I know that Open Design/Kobold Quarterly just achieved their funding goal on Kickstarter for a 13 adventure book to be released for their upcoming Midgard setting. The rules are for Pathfinder but I'm hoping if we make enough noise they might release an AGE appendix or conversion supplement.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zapp » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 am

Saisei wrote:I may be wrong here, but didn't they say that the planned second adventure anthology (set in the Deep Roads) had been put on hold so they could get Set 3 finished?

I'm not sure GR have discussed any specifics regarding delays, probably because there isn't much you can say that doesn't imperil your relationship with your licensor (i.e. Bioware).

Here are the relevant quotes from the 2011 and 2012 plans for the new year, respectively:
We'll support [box set 2] with another adventure collection called The Deep Roads.

We'll be following up Set 3 with another adventure collection called The Deep Roads.

No explanation or reason given.

(Do note that the level range of the compilation hasn't changed - it's still tied to box set 2 even though it's (now) released to follow up box set 3. Whether there will ever be an official adventure for levels 16+ remains to be seen...)

The rumor you mention probably started with a poster named "Admiral Yacob" and this post:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10665&p=103571#p103571
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to Dragon Age RPG