AGE Explorations Freeport

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Moderator: Super Moderators

AGE Explorations Freeport

Postby Elfie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

So... up until now, I've felt like every AGE PDF that's been put out has had an appropriate place in my Dragon Age campaign. But the latest one, a collection of Freeport backgrounds, most of which were already released in Kobold Quarterly, is going to have to be a skip for me.

Though I know that Freeport is supposed to be generic enough to fit any setting, it just doesn't fit Dragon Age with things like Goblins and Sea Elves and whatnot. And considering I got a KQ subscription JUST for the AGE content, I'm starting to wonder if I should cancel my subscription since everything is getting re-published as significantly cheaper PDFs anyway...

:-/

This is the first official AGE product that I haven't been remotely excited about... which is sad, but I guess it just goes to exemplify how great the material is overall if out of everything they've released, there's only been one thing I didn't like...
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Re: AGE Explorations Freeport

Postby Elfie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I will follow-up that if GR ever published a Freeport Companion: AGE Edition, I would scoop it up in a heartbeat. With THAT much material, I have no concerns that I wouldn't be able to just filter out the stuff that doesn't fit Dragon Age.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Re: AGE Explorations Freeport

Postby shonuff » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 am

Yeah, I agree. And it's easy to tweak an existing background for a "new" one, whereas it's much more difficult to stat and balance monsters.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Return to Dragon Age RPG