The art of the game?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

The art of the game?

Postby Ferretz » Wed May 06, 2009 6:38 am

I'm a real fan of good artwork in rpgs, and I must admit that I usually look at the art first, and judge a new rpg by it. If it doesn't look good, I'm not that eager to play it. For instance, one of the games I'm into these days is Alpha Omega by Mind Storm Labs. Great art there...
So my hopes for this game, as it is based on a computer game, is that the art will be concept art and other original art. Please, please do not use screen shots from the game it self in the rpg. I'm seen other rpgs based on computer games do that (the WoW rpg, anyone?), and not only does it look bad, but it also looks very rushed, if you know what I mean.

I went to Bioware's site for the tabletop version of Dragon Age, and there are some great artwork on it already. That's the stuff I'm talking about. :)

Of course, other people might like screenshots from the game. That's the great thing about having different opinions. I'll give this rpg a shot either way, and I'll definitely play the PC version of it. :)

Anyone else got any viewpoints on this?
And can Green Ronin say anything about the artwork in the game at this stage?

Cheers,

Eirik
Ferretz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Wed May 06, 2009 7:36 am

We won't be using screenshots from the game. We're using some concept art from BioWare and new art commissioned for the project.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Ferretz » Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 am

Oh joy! I love concept art. :D
That's great news.

E.
Ferretz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pete Whalley » Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 am

Pramas wrote:We won't be using screenshots from the game. We're using some concept art from BioWare and new art commissioned for the project.

Excellent. Looking back over some of my GR books, I just know this is going to look gorgeous.
I'm here to run games and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum
Pete Whalley
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ferretz » Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am

And we're talking full color too maybe? :P

E.
Ferretz
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zapp » Wed May 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Pramas wrote:We won't be using screenshots

Excellent!

About the only game who managed to use screenshots without looking cheap was Decipher's LOTR game; taking screenies from a game would most likely have been a disaster in comparison...
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to Dragon Age RPG