Bestiary, Magic Tome, Setting details?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Bestiary, Magic Tome, Setting details?

Postby cnd » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 pm

I'm sorry if this has been answered anywhere else, but I'm curious as to whether or not there will be any books/sets strictly for monsters, magic and setting fluff (other lands/locations)?
cnd
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zapp » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 am

What would a serious game line be without supplements like this?

But most importantly, we need adventures, especially grand campaigns to rival that of the main story line of the computer game itself!
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby FCWesel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

I would rather see a book of 1 or 2-page decently fleshed out adventure ideas as opposed to a campaign.
FCWesel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Andferne » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Personally I would much rather see books released about various locations with Lore in them and a monster manual of sorts detailing them. Than to see pre made adventure modules.
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Flurdt07 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Andferne wrote:Personally I would much rather see books released about various locations with Lore in them and a monster manual of sorts detailing them. Than to see pre made adventure modules.

Yeah, I have to go with this. Pre-made adventures are all well and cool, but I like to think that sighns of a good DM (GM) are being able to create your own quest ... not that there is any thing wrong with the campaign box sets. However, books like a MM for DA or extensions on the world would be nice. Fereldon is great, but there has to be more going on in the world ... lol I guess that comes back to that DM (GM) thing I was talking about hu ?? lol :lol:
Flurdt07
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Riggswolfe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 pm

I have to second the call for settings fluff expansions. My major issue at the moment is that I like what we have but feel that what we have isn't really enough to do much in the way of an actual game yet. I'm not just talking about the level limits but also things like the scarcity of monsters, the lack of indepth setting info, etc.
Riggswolfe
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Flurdt07 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Riggswolfe wrote:I have to second the call for settings fluff expansions. My major issue at the moment is that I like what we have but feel that what we have isn't really enough to do much in the way of an actual game yet. I'm not just talking about the level limits but also things like the scarcity of monsters, the lack of indepth setting info, etc.

Ahhh ... the curse of a new game, not enough content as of yet. I'm sure we will get there. As of right now, Im just glad its out :o
Flurdt07
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Riggswolfe » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:12 am

I actually feel it is worse than most new games. Because of the introductory box set approach we have a somewhat sketched out overview of Ferelden and a handful of monsters and npcs and that's about it.

I love the system but do feel that this first box set is too introductory. As a person who has played the CRPG about 1 and 1/2 times (I'm midway through my second playthrough) I feel like I have a decent grasp of the world. However, I find it somewhat frustrating that I can't really recreate certain aspects of the game.

No poisons or traps for rogues
No human noble background
No qunari background or stats
No information on Golems (that I have found yet, I haven't read every single page of the PDF)
No foreigner background (Orlesian anyone? I need an Orlesian background if I wanted to recreate Leilana)

Now, as an experienced gamer I could probably reverse engineer some of this stuff, especially the human noble, Quanari, and Orlesian backgrounds but I'm not sure I should have to.

In a way, I suspect that Set 2 is going to make or break the game for me and will determine if I buy Set 3 and 4. I think that it needs to mimic the specialization classes of the CRPG to truly get the feel of the world.
Riggswolfe
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to Dragon Age RPG