Is this a silly concept ?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Is this a silly concept ?

Postby sillyxander » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 am

Or could it be something that may work out in the future. I like the idea of the elves getting a kingdom. I'm not trying to make the world of DA like Tolkien or Dragonlance. These elves would have to build a kingdom for thousands of years before they could really be anything near dragonlance and those elves were fleeing their lands. Heck even the tolkien elves were dying off so it wouldn't really be so different. Ok I'm rambling, I want to make a circle Mage who has a secret dalish background. Ok well that's the idea as incomplete as it is. [/b]
sillyxander
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bill » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 am

That sounds like a great goal for an elven charcter. It would be a difficult if not impossible goal, but sounds great to me.
Bill
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Andferne » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Actually this is the idea my group is going for as well. Throughout the years we have played our Elves in all D&D editions since I started back with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. We've plugged them into the world of Forgotten Realms, Ebberon, Grey Hawk, and even a few self made worlds.

Seeing how things are for the Elves in this world it felt like a natural thing to put them in here. The goal is to have them starting in Ferelden and Orlais, traveling north as they adventure and gathering support of the Elven people. It be Dalish elves are city ones, whichever they come across.

During this time they are massing an army, making promises of their own land and showing that they have the prowess to accomplish this. The learn about an island under siege far to the north called Seheron. Over the last 60 years it has been a place of rebellion. The Imperium has almost all but lost their grip on this island to the invading Qunari.

The island already hosted a large population of elven slaves, which the Qunari have gathered in their fold in efforts to help against the Imperium. It should also be noted that there are Qunari rebels known as Tal-Vashoth who fight against both sides.

So our elves being the manipulators they are head to this island and put out a call to all the elves they have mustered over their journey. During their arrival over months they start to infiltrate the elven ranks in the Qunari and make the same promises. We now have a blood thirsty war going about between the Qun, Imp, and rebels.

Once the chaos settles the goal is to of seized the island for the elves. A tall order, but our elves are very exception to any rule.
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Return to Dragon Age RPG