Form Fillable Combat Cards Etc?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Form Fillable Combat Cards Etc?

Postby discuit » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 am

Does anyone have the know how or skills to make those cool combat reference cards and stuff linked on the front page form fillable?

I'd love to be able to have neat, permanent versions of monsters that i can just print out before each session. I know it is probably a lot to ask, but if anyone has the skills and time, i'd be truly gratefull.

Sincerely,

discuit.
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby chameleonshin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Actually, I find the stat blocks in the GM's guide to be condensed enough to use. Just hit the "prtsc" or "print screen" button while you're looking at your pdf, paste the screenshot in Paint, crop out the monster's statblock, print, and there you go.

If you're set on the combat cards or quick reference sheets, you could actually just use the "typewriter" function of your PDF reader. You can move the text boxes around, and you can edit the text-boxes for your next sheet of monsters. I use FoxIt, and though I use the light, free version, the watermark it plants on the page does not interfere with the boxes, so that you could cut them out and file them.

I'm also looking forward to somebody creating fillable versions of the reference sheets, but its a difficult feature to find on non-professional versions of PDF readers, but those are some temporary ideas.
chameleonshin
Bystander
Bystander

Postby extrakun » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:16 am

Alternatively, you can use MWSnap (a screen capture software which allows you to snap regions of the screen).
extrakun
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:05 am

extrakun wrote:Alternatively, you can use MWSnap (a screen capture software which allows you to snap regions of the screen).

Or a Macintosh, which has had such functionality built into the OS for almost a decade now. :wink:
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Cohort
Cohort

Return to Dragon Age RPG