Two weapon style

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Two weapon style

Postby Jekias » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:22 pm

I've done some reading through the PG/DMG and I havent much about dealing with a player using two weapons. There is a Talent available (Dual Weapon Style) but nothing much else.

My Question is, how do you deal with a 2 weapon wielding PC/mob? In that do they have two attack rolls allowing them to make 2 attacks per round? This seems particularly deadly in itself as the potential damage they could do is quite large.

To me, the talent suggests that having a 2nd weapon only gives either an additional +1 attack or +1 defense depending on your activation of the moment. Would one take this as to seeing the 2nd weapon isnt actually used to attack with? But further to that is the Journeyman level of this Talent which talks about the 2nd weapon

This may all become moot once Set2 comes out and they provide higher levels of the the Talents in general.

Thoughts?

Code: Select all
Dual Weapon Style (paraphrased)
You can fight with a Weapon in your main hand and another in your off hand. Neither can be a two-handed weapon.
Novice: Activate to get +1 Attack or +1 Defense
Journeyman: Perform the Lightning Attack stunt for 2SP instead of 3 but the 2nd attack is your offhand weapon
Jekias
Booster
Booster

Postby Aldaris » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:30 am

Seems pretty obvious to me. either +1 attack or defense from novice, and journeyman makes lightning attacks cheaper. You don't get any free attacks as such for the second weapon. Remember, this system is pretty abstract, and the advantages of the off-hand weapon are represented in the attack / defense bonus.
Aldaris
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Two weapon style

Postby Bill » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:33 am

Jekias wrote:I've done some reading through the PG/DMG and I havent much about dealing with a player using two weapons. There is a Talent available (Dual Weapon Style) but nothing much else.

My Question is, how do you deal with a 2 weapon wielding PC/mob? In that do they have two attack rolls allowing them to make 2 attacks per round? This seems particularly deadly in itself as the potential damage they could do is quite large.

To me, the talent suggests that having a 2nd weapon only gives either an additional +1 attack or +1 defense depending on your activation of the moment. Would one take this as to seeing the 2nd weapon isnt actually used to attack with? But further to that is the Journeyman level of this Talent which talks about the 2nd weapon

This may all become moot once Set2 comes out and they provide higher levels of the the Talents in general.

Thoughts?

Code: Select all
Dual Weapon Style (paraphrased)
You can fight with a Weapon in your main hand and another in your off hand. Neither can be a two-handed weapon.
Novice: Activate to get +1 Attack or +1 Defense
Journeyman: Perform the Lightning Attack stunt for 2SP instead of 3 but the 2nd attack is your offhand weapon

Looks to me like your dual weapon wielder gets to choose a +1 attack or defense each round, and normally attacks with the primary weapon.

the offhand weapon gets to attack when triggered by the lightning attack stunt.

That seems to be the way the rules handle duel wielding.
Bill
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Aldaris » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 am

Yep.
Aldaris
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to Dragon Age RPG