Bad Guys & their Minions

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Bad Guys & their Minions

Postby Warden-UK » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 pm

I've converted the LL module 'Tomb of Sigyfel into a DA module. I waned to ask, would, say, a maleficar have say, darkspawn under his control? Say a few genlocks? Or are these having no truck with the natives of Ferelden, free to roam and pillage until their little black hearts are content?

Also, wanting to place a magic sword in the module, I was wondering how I would go about it. I was thinking the old Sword +1 idea. +1 magic items are pretty boring in and of themselves. Or this:

Longsword A mercenary from the Tevinter Imperium brought this longsword to Ferelden in order to kill his brother’s murderer. But he was discovered and killed by his brother’s killer before he could use it. The wielder of the longsword receives one free Mighty Blow stunt per 24 hours. Or something like that.

It's just a variation of the Viper's Blade page 40 GM's guide.
Warden-UK
Groupie
Groupie

Postby YourSwordisMine » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:08 pm

I see nothing wrong with a Malificar having a few genlocks or a Hurlock or two as henchmen. If the Blood mage is strong enough I'm sure he could sway just about any darkspawn under his will. I would recommend that he have the Command Talent. I'd think about having him have a few undead about. I'm sure a powerful blood mage could arrange the creation of a few Skeletons and they would make for some imposing troops.
YourSwordisMine
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Balgin Stondraeg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:35 pm

I'd go with the idea of letting the magic item make a stunt cheaper rather than it giving daily uses of a stunt.
Balgin Stondraeg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Return to Dragon Age RPG