Updated PDF

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Updated PDF

Postby Warden-UK » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:41 am

hey just received a nice friendly letter from GR with a download link for my updated pdf

Cool guys :)
Warden-UK
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Krovikan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:45 am

any change notes? I didn't see any on the e-mail
Krovikan
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Maliki » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:46 am

I got one also, and on Christmas day, very cool. :D
Maliki
Booster
Booster

Postby PaintOnASign » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:00 pm

same =D no notes that i saw either.
PaintOnASign
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Stretcher » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:15 pm

I received it too. I admit I am greatly impressed, because I didn't expect an official update on the PDF files, especially so quick. Truly amazing !
Stretcher
Bystander
Bystander

Postby YourSwordisMine » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Wow, an update on Christmas day. I honestly wasnt expecting anything if at all until after the holidays. This is real dedication to both the industry and to GRs fans. Thanks.
YourSwordisMine
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Warden-UK » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:20 pm

YourSwordisMine wrote:Wow, an update on Christmas day. I honestly wasnt expecting anything if at all until after the holidays. This is real dedication to both the industry and to GRs fans. Thanks.

Exactly

It was in fact the only present I had this christmas, so it was really nice, and GR as of now are my fave gaming company.

If they do a game for David Eddings' Belgariad, it'll be love.

Thanks Green Ronin :)
Warden-UK
Groupie
Groupie

Update

Postby Caldarion » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm impressed too...has anyone found out what the changes are yet? I've done a quick flip through but I didn't notice anything. I easily could've missed it.
Caldarion
Bystander
Bystander

Postby mrofni » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Found a change, this was the first thing I looked for actually. The Origin backgrounds, the ones with Elf Mages getting Bow Focus, now instead get the Weapon Group Bow, allowing them to use the Bow without reduced attack or damage. Much clearer now. I assume there are a few other changes like that to make it less contradictory.
mrofni
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dustin » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:56 pm

I received one too! Thanks a lot Green Ronin! You guys rock! :D
Dustin
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Jairain » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:36 am

Haven't flipped through it yet but I imagine they include the corrections that we pointed out in the errata thread up to a certain point.
Jairain
Bystander
Bystander

Postby extrakun » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:18 am

I haven't got any link; I preorder the boxed set and got the PDF for free. Anyone knows who should I contact?
extrakun
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:51 am

Krovikan wrote:any change notes? I didn't see any on the e-mail

This is the major stuff.

Page 20, Apostate table: The elf benefit for rolling a 12 is currently Dexterity Focus: Bows. Delete that and put in Weapon Group: Bows instead.

Page 22, Circle Mage table: The elf benefit for rolling a 12 is currently Dexterity Focus: Bows. Delete that and put in Weapon Group: Bows instead.

Page 40: In the Armor and Shields Details section, delete the entire entry for Weight.

Page 41: In the Weapon Details section, delete the entire entry for Weight.

Page 44: In the Adventurer’s Gear table, add the following:
Quiver 2 sp
It’s described on the page, but was omitted from the table for some reason.

Page 57: The last sentence in the Tests and Time section says, "When it comes around to your turn again, you get your three actions as usual." That should be two actions.

Page 61: Replace the Disarm Stunt with this:
Disarm: You attempt to disarm the target with your melee attack. You and your opponent must make an opposed attack roll. These attack rolls do not generate stunt points. If you win the test, you knock your enemy’s weapon 1d6 + Strength yards away in a direction you nominate.

GM Guide

Page 38: The entries for levels 3 and 4 on the XP table are incorrect. The correct table should be:

XP Total Level
0-1,999 1
2,000-4,499 2
4,500-7,499 3
7,500-10,999 4
11,000-14,999 5

Page 40: In the entry for the Wounding Missile item, the second sentence says “swift missile.” That should, of course, be “wounding missile.”

There are Intelligence tests called for on pages 45 and 46. Those should say Cunning instead.

Then Intelligence is used in the following stat blocks:
Angry Villagers (page 58)
Haran Mullin and Kesla Mullin (page 60)
Blood Crow (page 63)
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Aldaris » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on disarm. Incidentally, this is the exact house rule I've been using.
:D
Aldaris
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby PaintOnASign » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Sweet, I was close on my house-rule disarm. Now I need to update my character sheet. :lol:
PaintOnASign
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Warden-UK » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Good stuff!

Just a little issue, I don't know if the developers are aware of this but the errata on page 57 where it should mention 2 actions and not 3, was not ammended in the updated pdf I have. Everything else was.

Obviously not a problem, but just giving a heads up for future reference.

Thanks again
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die..."

Thank you Gary
Warden-UK
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Despite being sent the e-mail and link for the updated pdf, I can't seem to log in to my account to download it. I've e-mailed GR, but imagine it'll be a while before they can sort it out given the holiday period. :(

Colin
Freelancer: AFMBE, A|State, Atlantis, C&C, Faery's Tale Deluxe, Godlike, Hellas, Hollow Earth Exp., Iron Kingdoms d20, No Quarter, Omni, Talislanta, UnMet, Waste World, Wild Talents, etc.
Radioactive Ape Colin
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dracosong » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:05 pm

extrakun wrote:I haven't got any link; I preorder the boxed set and got the PDF for free. Anyone knows who should I contact?

If for some reason you didn't recieve the e-mail, log into your Green Ronin Online Store Account and re-download the PDF (link is at the bottom of your account information.) This should be the updated version, you know you have it if the PDFs are labeled with "1.1" at the end.

On topic, thank you very much GR team! I've been meaning to print out another copy of the PHB to pass around the table and this couldn't have come at a better time.
Good to see the Intelligence typo fixed, I had my players confused for a minute when I asked them to make an intelligence check during our Dalish Curse session. >.>
Dracosong
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mezinger » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Thank you GR, much appreciated, and on Christmas day! How lucky are we! :0)
Mezinger
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to Dragon Age RPG