Wyvern PDF

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Wyvern PDF

Postby Elfie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 am

In case anyone was wondering whether the Wyvern PDF was worth a buck. It is.

http://www.greenronin.com/store/product/grr9401e.html

It's actually 6 pages long (including the cover). It's got background, folklore, adventure suggestions, several concoctions that can be made either from the venom or to counteract it, and guidance for scaling the creature up or down for your game. It's pretty comprehensive.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Wyvern PDF

Postby Lynata » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Personally, I have next to no interest in this particular creature - but I would actually like GR to continue with these short yet cheap DLCs. It just sounds like a good idea to continually expand the game by adding small segments available on demand, and from how you are describing the contents, it does sound comprehensive.

After "Faces of Thedas" and now "Creatures of Thedas", will we also get a "Places of Thedas" DLC, maybe? :)
current campaign character: Niamh MacCarrain, Templar Apprentice, L4 human warrior
Lynata
Booster
Booster

Postby La Cipolla » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Uh, places would be incredible.

Also, a compiled gazeteer hardcover something in the end please. ^^
La Cipolla
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Saisei » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 am

I think Places would be the way to go. Wasn't it mentioned in the Set 3 playtest that the lore in that book would focus on the new backgrounds, mainly Tervinter and Orlais? Still a heap of stuff for Antiva and Rivain and where the Qunari are from (can't remember off the top of my head).

The Free Marches particularly would be suited to it, since most places are an independent city-state. Starkhaven would be a good place to start ... (this has nothing to do with the fact my group are heading there now...)
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Zapp » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 am

Elfie wrote:In case anyone was wondering whether the Wyvern PDF was worth a buck. It is.

Gimme a meaty monster compendium with, say, two hundred monsters for $20 (that's 10¢ a piece, a much more reasonable price per monster) and I'm interested.

Of course, gimme the news of some more adventure packs - past Deep Roads - and I'll really be interested. :)
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Lynata » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:00 am

Another idea might be "Factions of Thedas", where you are presented with detailed descriptions about the history and organization of various groups ranging from religious orders like the Seekers of Truth to mercenary bands such as the Flint Company to secret assassin guilds such as the Antivan Crows. Throw in short profiles for 2-3 NPCs the GM can throw at his players and maybe 1-2 faction-affiliated items and you're good.

I'd also like this in addition to a "Places of Thedas" not only because it could be useful for a game but because I do love reading about Thedas as a setting, and the faction descriptions in the various sets have been somewhat basic so far, even for those groups that were mentioned. For example, I'd still like to know what ranks the templars have exactly, who the other Knight-Commanders are, if every templar gets to have the "Ser" title, etc.
current campaign character: Niamh MacCarrain, Templar Apprentice, L4 human warrior
Lynata
Booster
Booster

Postby ColdSteel1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 pm

They could combine all of these and make it a travelogue sort of like a Forgotten Realms version of Elminster and Volo making it up to the GM to decide what's the truth about a person, place or thing for his campaign.
It all comes down to blood and choice.
ColdSteel1
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Dragon Age RPG