Battle & Loot series

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Battle & Loot series

Postby Saisei » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:48 am

Just bought Tomb of the Seeress and read through it. I really like it. Lots of good hooks and interesting adventure ideas as well as three new creatures. I particularly liked the segment at the end talking about the use of fate and visions and the like.

Really looking forward to seeing more of this series, and would love if it became something that was released monthly or something.

Anyone else gotten it and have opinions?

EDIT: It's here by the way.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Battle & Loot series

Postby Elfie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:55 am

Yup, I got it and definitely plan to use it. Will probably change the Egyptian theme to something a little more generic to fit into DA, but our campaign has a lot about visions of the future in it, so this'll be perfect.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby jwduis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Thinking about buying it, but wasn't really sure what it is.

To those who have it, is it more a site-based adventure with a bunch of other stuff, or is it just the other stuff (i.e. a splatbook)?

And if it's an adventure, is there anything about what levels you can use it for?
jwduis
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Saisei » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:19 am

It's not really an adventure per se. It's more of an extended adventure seed. It gives background to a legend of the world and how you might introduce it to the players. Then it gives ideas on how the dungeon would be set up and the type of layout you could use, as well as suggested encounters for the enemies within. Each enemy (there's 2 and a 'boss', The Seeress herself) comes with a 2D6 table (similar to the character background tables) that has mundane and magical items on it. The unique items, such as the Visionary Longsword, are each given a small description on their benefit at the end of the book as well as suggestions on how to introduce or use them in play. One of the creatures can also be harvested for a new type of poison for those so inclined in your party.

The end of the book talks about using visions within your game and how to keep them vague but also relevant and portentous.

I really like it. You can't really go wrong for $1.50. If I were to choose I'd suggest this over the Wyvern, but I liked the Wyvern PDF too.

Hope that helped.
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Return to Dragon Age RPG