Adventure Conversions

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Adventure Conversions

Postby Saisei » Thu May 31, 2012 5:18 am

Heyo,

Have a question that I'm hoping I could get an answer for but I think I already know what it'll be.

I'm currently converting the Haunting Horror adventure from WFRP for the AGE system for my group, and the Bleak House adventure/campaign for Ravenloft and I was wondering what are the rules on posting the converted adventure on the forum?

I imagine you can't post up the adventures with all the yummy copyrighted fluff and maps and things, but can you post up a "conversion guide" or something similar so people can replace the original creatures and tests and things with AGE mechanics? Would this be allowed or is it too close to copyright infringement?

Thanks for any help!
Saisei
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Adventure Conversions

Postby Elfie » Thu May 31, 2012 5:50 am

I think a conversion guide is the best way to go. Naturally none of the story stuff should be posted, but I think full enemy stat blocks would be fine. I am in no way an authority on this, but that's probably the route I'd take. Just a list of what changed in the conversion.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Adventure Conversions

Postby Loswaith » Thu May 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Given the story stuff is unlikely to change a great deal you dont realy need to include that, so I cant realy see it being too much of an issue for stat blocks or the like or even as Elfie mentioned even a simple conversion guide would be no problem.
- Loswaith
Henceforth mortal, remember...
Loswaith
Super Poster
Super Poster

Return to Dragon Age RPG