Dragon Age Box Set 3

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Re: Dragon Age Box Set 3

Postby Bardwulf » Thu May 10, 2012 3:18 am

Something the size of Blood in Fereldan which is what Deep Roads would be is easily read in a week. Two at most. These module writers are quite brilliant and bioware could learn something from them...

As for Lucasarts being a big one compared to Bioware, remember Bioware is now a part of the accursed EA, who are bigger than their quality of intent towards the consumer should allow. In my tweet to bioware i simply asked them to hurry thr approval on deep roads. Maybe if enough people asked...
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Postby La Cipolla » Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 am

Unfortunatly its well likely that the set 3 wont be seen (in full) until DA 3 is shipping, though I'm only guessing on that based on the experience with set 2.

Don't think so. The playtest of Set 2 was by far closer to the release of DA2, DA3 ist not even officially announced right now. I expect Set 3 much earlier than DA3, and perhaps the fact that DA3 is still so far away might even help with the approval process.
La Cipolla
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Scott McFarland » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 pm

If you think about it, the amount of content to choose from is staggering. The strength of what Bioware has done with DA is to create a world rather than 'just' a game.

So we really can talk about there being enough content for a 300+ page hardback Guide to Ferelden, for example.

Or a 300+ page Dragon Age Character Compendium.

Or... well, the list goes on really. A classic case of demand not so much outstripping supply, as wailing in the darkness at it.

Whatever makes it into Set 3 will, we know, be scratching the surface of what's actually out there.
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Arimmus » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Oh True enough. Bioware has not even touched the full potential of their own game, let alone what the players can come up with. The Fact the Warden can be anything, the fact Hawke can be any class male or female, the Fact that Flemeth is still creepy as hell, the list goes on and on.
Arimmus Thoma

" I has a maptool framework coming along for DRAGON AGE! "
Arimmus
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Zapp » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 am

Any news on Set 3? Or the next adventure collection? Or anything?

Or is it starting to be so long ago since the beta release that we should start to worry that there might be another BioWare hang-up; possibly the worst of them all: that box set 3 can't be released until the next product release (Dragon Age 3?)... :gasp:

The dearth of Dragon AGE products is really badly choking my ability to maintain interest in an otherwise fine game... :-?
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Scion of Haven » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:19 am

Zapp wrote:The dearth of Dragon AGE products is really badly choking my ability to maintain interest in an otherwise fine game... :-?

This is really too bad, because it's a good game, even without the extra material. I admit that the release of new books does spark a certain renewed enthusiasm for me, but even without that, it's not hard to pick up the books, re-read some of them, and get excited about it all over again. Actually, I just recently finished Asunder, and it's gotten me interested in running a game again, something that hasn't happened since my last game fell apart. Replaying the cRPG helped as well. Just because the material's not new doesn't mean you can't "rediscover" it.
Scion of Haven
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby FSchuttee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 am

I agree, there is a lot of other source material out there in addition to Green Ronin's contributions. I recently started running DA and am utilizing Boxed Sets I and II, all the videogame strategy guides (Origins, Awakenings, and DAII), have all three novels plus DA: Redemption and currently trying to afford DA: Dawn of the Seeker. With these items I feel I am set for rules, potential plotlines and ideas, maps, and inspiration. I do hope Set III does appear eventually for covering levels 11 to 20 plus any additional crafting rules, magic, and backgrounds on the various nations. Until then I am not too concerned about playing/running the game...only wish I could find more players who aren't slaves to D&D... :roll:
FSchuttee
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Alchemus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 am

If you guys haven't played Legends on facebook, it's now a singleplayer downloadable game.
http://dragonagelegends.com/
Some new characters and a new story if haven't played it and a chance to revisit them if you have.

+ Alchemus
Alchemus
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Scott McFarland » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I've been playing Legends for a few days now and... well, suffice to say I went back and starting playing Origins again. Legends is just a bit dull really.
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Scott McFarland » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Here's a fun little speculative game: if Set 3 could answer just one question that's been bugging you about the DA RPG, what would it be?

I'll start with 'If a Mage goes into the Wonders of Thedas in Denerim and asks for a Lesser Lyrium Potion, how much does she have to pay for it?'
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Arimmus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

How do dragons Reproduce? (What? someone had to ask it)
Arimmus Thoma

Arimmus
Henchman
Henchman

Postby shonuff » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 am

Arimmus wrote:How do dragons Reproduce? (What? someone had to ask it)

High Dragons are females that have been impregnated. They have a harem of (male) drakes in their den, and they live off of food brought to them by their males.

The act of mating itself probably looked something like this (SFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OcNj-VWLM&feature=fvsr
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Scott McFarland » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Well I'm glad we sorted that one out.
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby DracoDruid » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 am

ANY news on the release date of Set 3?
Version 1.7 of my Free-Form Dragon Age rules.
DracoDruid
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Andferne » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:05 am

I would be happy with any news at all. Something at least to let us know what is going on.
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Scott McFarland » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 am

Some news would be, you know, good...
Scott McFarland
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby superduper » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 am

shonuff wrote:
Arimmus wrote:How do dragons Reproduce? (What? someone had to ask it)

High Dragons are females that have been impregnated. They have a harem of (male) drakes in their den, and they live off of food brought to them by their males.

The act of mating itself probably looked something like this (SFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OcNj-VWLM&feature=fvsr

No there DRAGON'S so its more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjJgKkX ... re=related

BTW Box set 3 has been cancelled..hehe.
superduper
Bystander
Bystander

Postby sillyxander » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Anything, I was hoping by GenCon we'd hear something but I'm starting to give up, I think DA 3 will come out when Bioware puts out a new game...so sad.
sillyxander
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Arimmus » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am

Well, We still have a few days before GenCon Indy. Maybe something then?
Arimmus Thoma

Arimmus
Henchman
Henchman

Postby shonuff » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 am

sillyxander wrote:Anything, I was hoping by GenCon we'd hear something but I'm starting to give up, I think DA 3 will come out when Bioware puts out a new game...so sad.

GR will not wait until 2014.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Andferne » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 am

We hope..
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Loswaith » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 pm

I dont think GR have much choice when it comes to a licenced product unfortunatly, it most likely has to be approved before they can release it, and I would suspect there are no clauses about respectable time frame for the turn around of an approval (assuming EA/Bioware would even care about that).

I'm concerned about how much GR will loose out on these delays, as they have likely invested quite a bit into DA:RPG, and the long delays cant be helping their potentional return, as more people will be over looking the game or leaving that had initial interest.
- Loswaith
Henceforth mortal, remember...
Loswaith
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Zapp » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 am

Agreed. If Bioware says "2014" then 2014 it is.

The real issue is why GR isn't communicating anything on the future of Dragon Age.

Unfortunately, based on the previous decades of rpg gaming history, the risk of a complete change of business plan for the Dragon AGE line (not to speak of a total shutdown and license revokal) is non-zero and growing with each week of silence.

(To be very clear: I have NO insight in Green Ronin business. I am simply stating that it is not unusual for rpg companies to be unable to handle public communication in a crisis, and that a drought of news is actually quite common to presage bad news for waiting customers. And by the way, if this post triggers an official response you are doing something wrong, GR, since you should have made that statement way before your customers started to worry)
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby shonuff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:21 am

AFAIK, Bioware isn't saying 2014; rather, it was an analyst report that I read about a while back.

As far as Set 3 is concerned, with the playtest concluded, I'd imagine that GR will release within the next few months or so.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Bardwulf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Let's be honest here. GR have not been very present lately. Look at all the spam appearing on the forum and no moderators have dealt with that advertising thread posting. That too has me concerned.

Furthermore, in my time of purchasing this game, I have written to GR twice via email. Their automated entry system informs me that I can be contacted back, but they did not do so either time. this was all a very very long time ago now.
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Age RPG