DracoDruid wrote:Wow! Hello Zapp.
Don't know why I wasn't informed about all your posts.
I will try to reply to all of them as good as I can.
1) Stunt bonus:
I don't see any real danger in this. When to take a look into the later level stunt bonuses, those stunts aren't really game breaking.
2) I changed the AL to spell stunts in order to preserve the "Spell Lance" special ability. Since Set 3 I consider allowing the AL to both Spell and Combat stunts, only problem, both tables have "2 SP = +1d6 damage".
3) Backstab/Master: This is actually an original text from the book, but I like your suggestion.
(or I can't remember changing it... )
4) Dual Weapon. Yes, novices still have -2 to STR & DEX, but every additional Talent degree reduces this by 1.
(effectivly negating it at Master)
5) DuA/Elist: Thanks!
6) Skill Focus: Thanks again.
7) Armor Rating: I wanted to make the difference between, Leather/Mail/Plate more important than Light/Heavy.
I chose (after much consideration) a fix difference of 2 points between heavy X to next Light Y.
And as I wrote, I wanted the heavy versions always have +1 AR but -1 AP.
Finally, I thought, that 3 AR for the least possible armor was just a bit too good, so I started with 2 points.
(And I heard many people complaining about the damage curve being to low, so slightly less AR seems a good thing)
8 ) The weapons are acutally more of a personal preference.
a) I thought the "Staves" group was just plain stupid. I was just another blugdeon group.
b) The "Dueling" group was similar. Since I already included the "Shield" group as weapons the "spiked buckler" was redundant, and the "main gauche" was nothing else as a dagger. So the only interesting weapon was the Rapier, which could perfectly replace the "throwing knife".
c) I thought a single "Thrown" group better than splitting those weapons into other, since training to throw a weapon is different than fighting with it in close combat.
d) finally, I thought that only "natural weapons" (aka fists) should have NO Min. Str. so I adjusted those too.
BTW: A new version will be up in the next days or so.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests