Schiz02's AGE Miscellany

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Schiz02's AGE Miscellany

Postby Schiz02 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:48 am

While I've not been playing it long, I'm a big fan of the AGE system (and Dragon Age). After my current DA mini-campaign ends I'm going to run and AGE of Freeport game. Other than the Midgard Campaign setting, I've purchased all of the available AGE material and I think by combining it all I've got some great stuff for a Freeport game. I decided to start a thread to post my ideas and creations for the game.

NPC's
Porcelina

Monsters/Foes
Marionette Men
Vampire Template

Magic Items
Last Kiss
Last edited by Schiz02 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Schiz02
Bystander
Bystander

Porcelina

Postby Schiz02 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:56 am

I love the legend of Porcelina from The Pirate's Guide to Freeport, so I decided that I'm going to use her in the game.
-----------
Porcelina
Abilities
0 Communication (Leadership)
1 Constitution
2 Cunning (Navigation)
5 Dexterity (Acrobatics, Light Blades)
2 Magic
3 Perception
4 Strength
3 Willpower

Combat Ratings
16 Speed, 45 Health, 15 Defense, Armor Rating 3

Attacks
Weapon Attack Roll Damage
Last Kiss +7 1d6+7
Throwing Knife +7 1d6+4

Powers

Favored Stunts: Knock Prone and Lover’s Embrace (see below)

Immortal: Porcelina is immortal. While she can be killed (and her ship and crew) will return on the next full moon. The only way to permanently put Porcelina to rest is to somehow convince her that Robert is dead (or find some way to reunite her with her dead lover).

Lover’s Embrace: Porcelina can make a crippling attack as a special stunt for 3 SP. The target suffers a –2 penalty to attack tests and damage, and has their Speed halved. The penalty to attack tests and damage expires after three rounds, but the movement penalty persists until the target is able to take a breather.

Porcelain Flesh: Porcelina’s magic hardened porelain skin gives her an armor rating of 3.

Touch of Madness: Porcelina has been made insane by her ordeals. She automatically passes any Willpower (Morale) test she is required to take.

Weapon Groups:
Light Blades

Equipment
Last Kiss (see below), 5 Throwing Knives

Background
Selina Armand was a beautiful privateer that sailed the waters around Freeport. Many men wanted her, but Selina's heart belonged to a quiet toy maker named Robert. During one of her travels she contracted a horrible wasting disease. No cure could be found, so her dearest Robert made a bargain with a demon. He would make a doll for Selina's essence to be transferred in to, then demon would turn it to flesh and blood. The demon had other plans. Waking, and possessing inhuman strength, Selina went mad, killed her beloved Robert, and fled into the night.

She sails the seas to this day. In her madness she's convinced herself that her Robert is still alive. She constantly is "reunited" with her lost love, but once she realizes it isn't Robert, she kills the man, and turns him into one of her marionette men. She still sails the seas around Freeport aboard her ship, Robert's Regret, as the dreaded Porcelina.

-----

Last Kiss
Selina's unholy transformation also affected her trusted rapier.The infernal energies and Selina's sorrow have imbued the blade with magic essence. If the blade deals as killing blow the wielder immediately regains 2d6 health.
Last edited by Schiz02 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schiz02
Bystander
Bystander

Marionette Men, Porcelina's Damned Crew

Postby Schiz02 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am

Marionette Men
Abilities
0 Communication
1 Constitution
1 Cunning (Navigation)
2 Dexterity (Light Blades)
1 Magic
3 Perception
2 Strength
1 Willpower

Combat Ratings
8 Speed, 24 Health, 14 Defense, Armor Rating 5

Attacks
Weapon Attack Roll Damage
Rapier +7 1d6+5
Throwing Knife +7 1d6+2

Powers

Favored Stunts: Pierce Armor, Skirmish

Marionette Flesh: The marionette men have magically infused flesh. There artificial flesh is stronger than Porcelina’s but it also makes them slower and less dexterous.

Touch of Madness: Porcelina’s touch on the Marionette Men has left their minds broken. They automatically pass any Willpower (Morale) test they are required to take.

Weapon Groups:
Light Blades

Equipment
Rapier (DA Set 2), 5 Throwing Knives
Schiz02
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Schiz02's AGE Miscellany

Postby Elfie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:53 pm

This is great stuff, and again makes me want an AGE supplement for Freeport.
Elfie
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Schiz02 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 am

Thank you. I'm still relatively new at this and I primarily just reskinned things.

Also, I think a Freeport AGE Companion would be pretty sweet.
Schiz02
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bardwulf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Great work. I want to use this directly in DA. I know how I'd use it too. Thanks.
Check out my Dragon Age Roleplay Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB0A772821BDAF07

My Creative Updates Blog: www.robert-james-freemantle.blogspot.com

"The revealed mystery of hidden history"
Bardwulf
Cohort
Cohort

Vampire Template

Postby Schiz02 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 am

I've always loved vampires so I've come up with a base vampire template and other suggested powers for vamps. It just seems really fitting to slap this on a blood mage.

Base Vampire Template

Focuses
Dexterity (Bite), Strength (Claw)

Attack
Bite 1d6
Claw 1d6+2

Powers

Blood is Life: A vampire that bites an unconscious or recently slain enemy can regain 2d6 Health by drinking blood. If used on an unconscious foe, the bite counts as a coup de grace.The vampire can choose to only regain 1d6 Health. If they do the attack isn't considered a coup de grace. If they choose to feed on the victim again before the victim regains Health then they only regain 1d6 Health and the attack is considered a coup de grace.

Dark Vision: Vampires can see in the dark as if it were daylight.

Thirst: If a vampire hits with its bite attack it can perform a special stunt costing 3 SP. The vampire regains Health equal to the targets Constitution + 1.

Other Suggested Vampire Powers

Creatures of the Night: The vampire can perform a special stunt costing 5 SP. He can chooe to summon 1d6 Blood Crows, 1d6 Giant Rats, or 2 Wolves (use Mabari War Dog stats)

Flight: The vampire gains a Fly speed equal to his regular speed.

Frenzied: The vampires blood thirst overpowers its sense of self preservation. The vampire automatically passes any Willpower (Morale) test it is required to take.

Mist Form: As a major action the vampire can turn into a cloud of mist. It ignores the effects of terrain and can be harmed by magical attacks. Other attacks simply pass harmlessly through them. They can return to their normal form as a minor action.

Shape Change: As a major action the vampire can take the form of a large bat or monstrous wolf. Use the Blood Crow for statics for the bat form and the Blight Wolf for monstrous hound. The vampire Heath total, Cunning, Magic, and Willpower aren't changed, otherwise he uses the statistics of the creature.

Wall Crawling: The vampire can walk up walls and even on ceilings.
Last edited by Schiz02 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schiz02
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Vampire Template

Postby shonuff » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am

Schiz02 wrote:I've always loved vampires so I've come up with a base vampire template and other suggested powers for vamps. It just seems really fitting to slap this on a blood mage.

Shape Change: As a major action the vampire can take the form of a large bat or monstrous wolf. Use the Blood Crow for statics for the bat form and the Blight Wolf for monstrous hound. The vampire Heath total, Cunning, Magic, and Willpower aren't changed, otherwise he uses the statistics of the creature.

I would suggest a mist form as opposed to shape-changing. Shape-changing kind runs into shape-changer territory, IMO. Whereas mist form is soley exploratory, but then also gives different tactics/abilities. That, and I think it is a little more vampire-lore friendly than a shape changing.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Schiz02 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 am

shonuff wrote:
Schiz02 wrote:I've always loved vampires so I've come up with a base vampire template and other suggested powers for vamps. It just seems really fitting to slap this on a blood mage.

I would suggest a mist form as opposed to shape-changing. Shape-changing kind runs into shape-changer territory, IMO. Whereas mist form is soley exploratory, but then also gives different tactics/abilities. That, and I think it is a little more vampire-lore friendly than a shape changing.

Some how, Mist Form slipped my mind. Thanks for the suggestion.
Schiz02
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Dragon Age RPG