Dragon Age Encyclopedia

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dragon Age Encyclopedia

Postby Alchemus » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Thought I'd share this in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/118513-nycc-dark-horse-announces-two-new-dragon-age-projects.html

Until We Sleep has been confirmed to be Varric centric, so I'm not so excited about that (not his biggest fan).

Mike Laidlaw says the encyclopedia is "a massive lore compendium with tons of art." This is what I've been waiting for. Maybe this will be an awosome source for new campaigns and adventures.
Alchemus
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Dragon Age Encyclopedia

Postby shonuff » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:34 pm

The problem with the lore aspect is that all of the DA lore comes from in-game sources. You don't have an omniscient voice ever saying "this is the Fade" or "the Maker is real and the Chantry is correct" or anything. That said, it will be great to get a hard copy with pages to flip through than having to click through links at a wiki.
shonuff
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby kronovan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:15 am

The encyclopedia will be interesting, but to me there's so much of the world that hasn't been covered in a game or book yet that it seems a bit premature. I would have preferred they waited until at least DA3 and the next novel was released, unless of course it will include the material that those touch upon. As to the new graphic novel, I'm glad to see it features Gaider's writing and uses the artist from The Silent Grove. Not that I minded Card's story too much, but the art in the 1st graphic novel was damn poor IMO.
kronovan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Alchemus » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 am

I'm hesitant to agree with you shonuff, but only because we don't know how the encyclopedia is being put together. While I doubt it will cover the questions you brought up, I hope it will be more than just codex pages with pictures.

And kronovan, they said the encyclopedia would be expanded to multiple volumes, so my guess is they'll cover DA3 separately.

I really enjoyed Card's story, and I agree about the art. I actually used Gleam, Duty, and Agmo in an adventure for my group.
Alchemus
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Dragon Age RPG