The World?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

The World?

Postby Sketchpad » Mon May 18, 2009 7:13 pm

So looking at the site, I was trying to get a feel for the world. Is it more traditional fantasy (say like Greyhawk or FR)? Or is it something more quasi-industrial (like Eberron or some of the Final Fantasy series)? Or something else entirely?
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby 77IM » Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am

They keep describing it as "Dark Fantasy" and from the preview videos it appears to be a fairly traditional fantasy setting but with a grim and gritty edge (reminds me of Conan, or actual medieval times with all the filth and disease, as opposed to mainstream sanitized bubble-gum WoW fantasy) and lots of gore and demons (reminds me of Diablo).

-- 77IM
77IM
Bystander
Bystander

Postby peteyrock » Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 am

I don't recall where I read this. But, I believe they have listed inspirations as Frank Frazetta's art and the Song of Ice and Fire book series. Sounds like a damn good combination to me!
peteyrock
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Anomandaris » Thu May 28, 2009 1:29 pm

I'd also like to know more about the world. Hopefully someone will pop in here soon and give us some teasers.

And a worldmap, please?!!
I'm trapped in Darkness
Still I reach out for the Stars
Anomandaris
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Smiling Elf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:32 am

A lot of information can be found at the Dragon Age Wiki (I can't post URL links yet :()

Is the first adventure taking place in Ferelden? Is there any plan to release a map of Thedas in the first release? Thanks :)
Smiling Elf
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Smiling Elf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 am

A map of Fereldern found in the book "Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne" can be found here: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/9/9f/Ferelden_Map_1.jpg

There is also a world map made by the community. It's not official, but it's quite accurate: http://mostplays.com/play/Thedas_v20_32289 . You'll need to have flash installed to view it. Put the mouse in the red dots for a short description.
Smiling Elf
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Anomandaris » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Cool, thanks Similing Elf.

Although i would not consider the second one a world map. It is again a regional map...it's not even a whole continent we can see let alone a worldmap. But still, better than nothing. So thanks again :)
I'm trapped in Darkness
Still I reach out for the Stars
Anomandaris
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Psychoblonde » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:39 pm

You'd be better off visiting the video game forums or the Dragon Age Wiki for more Lore.
Psychoblonde
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Dragon Age RPG