Release Date?

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Release Date?

Postby Brother Shatterstone » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 am

I had read about this and then sort of put it on the back burner till another day but with the release of the game, very awesome by the way, its not so much on the back burner anymore...

So do we have any idea of the release date?
Brother Shatterstone
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Iltsuger » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 am

No. I'm pretty sure we'll all know about it when they know. There may be a revisions process before it goes to print, if I understood the latest news correctly, should Bioware request some changes to make the material in line with the computer version.
Iltsuger
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Brother Shatterstone » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:33 am

Iltsuger wrote:There may be a revisions process before it goes to print, if I understood the latest news correctly, should Bioware request some changes to make the material in line with the computer version.
Cool, thanks for the update.

I guess I should mention if anyone is curious the two novels, not done with the second, have been quite entertaining and well worth the read too.
Brother Shatterstone
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jeff Tidball » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:10 pm

I talked a little bit about why there's no public release date just yet over in the "Developer Introduction" thread, in case you're interested.

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7844
Jeff Tidball
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Brother Shatterstone » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 am

Jeff Tidball wrote:I talked a little bit about why there's no public release date just yet over in the "Developer Introduction" thread, in case you're interested.
Jeff, thanks for the link. :)

I'm sure I'll get a politically correct answer(s) but I'll ask anyhow...

First, how cool is it to work with Bioware? (You would be hard pressed to come across a group of people who have done more for video game RPGs than them.)

Second, is there any chance GR might publish a rule set for other Bioware game worlds? :D (Like maybe the Mass Effect universe?)
Brother Shatterstone
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jeff Tidball » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 am

Brother Shatterstone wrote:First, how cool is it to work with Bioware? (You would be hard pressed to come across a group of people who have done more for video game RPGs than them.)

I've personally had very little interaction with anyone at BioWare, to date. The things that I see peripherally suggest that they're an excellent working partner.

Second, is there any chance GR might publish a rule set for other Bioware game worlds? :D (Like maybe the Mass Effect universe?)

I'm totally uninvolved in the acquisition of new licenses, so I have to plead complete ignorance, other than to note generally that a successful working relationship with a given licensor on one property often suggests future collaboration. You see long-term partnerships like those across the game business.
Jeff Tidball
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to Dragon Age RPG