Batgirl III's Thread (A Short Victorious War)

Discuss our dark fantasy adventure tabletop roleplaying game based on BioWare's computer game, Dragon Age Origins.

Postby Firallon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

So I can find this again in the future *Bump*
Firallon
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Andferne » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 am

Bump
The world still needs Heroes
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Boze » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:53 am

*bump* for a great Thread!

TTT
Boze
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Rhydderch Hael » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 am

Bumping for awesomness!

Now I'm off to copy off all of Batgirl's excellent write-ups!

Thanks BG! :D
Of Dice and Men - My Gaming Blog
Rhydderch Hael
Bystander
Bystander

Re:

Postby rschweik » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Batgirl III wrote:A bell curve avoids the Lake Woebegone effect, where all the children are above average. That's all that I meant.

Someone listens to NPR :D
I prefer Wait, Wait and This American Life.

BoT: I find ur advice ver helpful.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
rschweik
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: Batgirl III's Thread (A Short Victorious War)

Postby Metal Head Bard » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:46 am

This thread is made of epicly epic epicness.....makes sense to me! :lol:
"They want blood? Blood is for butchers. We will give them FIRE!!"
Metal Head Bard
Bystander
Bystander

Postby bishop026 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 pm

I just joined this particular forum last nigh and wanted to thank Batgirl for being generous enough to share her adventures with us.

Best,

Bishop
bishop026
Bystander
Bystander

Re:

Postby Andferne » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:06 pm

double post
Last edited by Andferne on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Andferne » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Batgirl III wrote:Image

This purpose of this notice is to instruct newly initiated templars on appropriate measures for handling the annual visitation by the vile abomination known to the unworthy as Santa Claus.

As the diligent will recall, the incursion occurs regularly every twelve months, roughly corresponding to a lunar year. This trespass has occurred with disturbing regularity since at least the fall of Tevinter Empire, and perhaps longer, as many records were misplaced.

The faithful will recognize the target on sight, as his garb and pariphenlia mark him immediately as an apostate and abominations.

Santa Claus is a corpulent, bloated creature which bears only a faint resemblance to its original human form. It wears a crimson tunic the color of fresh blood, marking him as a possible host of a Rage Demon. It is bearded, mocking the honorable dwarves of Orzammar, and its hair is a sallow shade of grey, betraying its unnatural age. Be advised that despite the creatures fearsome name, no claws have been observed, and the moniker is likely a ruse.

The target has been observed in the company of dozens of elves of unknown clan or lineage. Santa Claus is conveyed by means of a small aravel pulled by eight or nine creates known to the elves as halla. These beings single-mindedly pull the target's vehicle during its yearly invasion. They are outfitted with belled harnesses which are apparently magically imbued with the ability of flight. These creatures have been known to shed a luminous substance resembling lyrium as they move. Templars should take care to avoid exposure.

Perhaps more disturbing is the variable number of the minion-creatures. On occasion, a ninth halla has been observed, placed before the other halla. This singular creature radiates a sickly reddish glow from its snout, as a spiritual beacon to other followers of the abomination.

Santa Claus gains entry to the domiciles of innocent Freemen across Ferelden and leaves small trinkets to tempt the faithful awat from the pure worship of the Maker.

Templars are reminded to confiscate and incinerate these items before any lasting damage is done. By means of unknown magical process some form of temporal distortion field is in effect around the abomination, and Santa Claus is able to deposit his trinkets into the homes spread far across Ferelden in a single night. The senior enchanters of the Circle of Magi swear that such magics are impossible, but the evidence of this abomination's activities is clear. Templars shoudl be advised to enter homes in their localities before the freemen become aware of the heresy that has been visited upon them, to confiscate and incinerate these leavings.

In other cases, removal of the items after the freemen have discovered them is possible. In such cases, small children are occasionally loath to surrender the items, as the tainting of the juveniles has already begun. Executions of the above are to be handled in the most expedient manner possible.

Santa Claus enters the homes of the freemen be way of cimneys, fireplaces, and ovens. The size of the opening is not a factor, as the creature can adjust its weight and size by means of blood magic manipulation of its own form. Laying traps in these opennings - such a a furrier might lay for bear or wolves - has proven successful.

The abomination leaves the home by the same means, after ritually caressing his nostrils. No mucus has ever been recovered.

Although all previous attempts at the destruction of Santa Claus have failed, Templars are urged to make such an attempt whenever possible.

However, of more importance is the suppression of cultist activity associated with the yearly incursion. The heretics have been known to erect shrines in their homes in the form of shrubbery adorned with baubles and lights (Note: the shrubbery is often highly inflammable, and offers discrete method of executing the offending heretics without calling undue attention to the templar). Other warning signs include: hallucinations involving sugered candies during slumber (evidence of Sloth Demon activity); excessive singing (evidence of Pride Demons); obessive playing of drums by little boys in the presence of infants (a sure sign of Rage Demon possession); the performance of lustful rituals while underneath plant clippings (clear sign of a Lust Demon); and the construction of effigies made of snow (in mockery of the works of the Maker).

Once again, executions should be handled in an expedient manner.

--Excerpt from a letter sent by a senior templar in Redcliffe to his initiates, 7:73 Storm

Love this and currently thinking about introducing it to my players. Curious if anyone has a take on a evil Frosty the Snowman or other holiday creatures.
Andferne
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby gordona8 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Bump, awesome stuff! :D
Here for research, to make friends, join a couple campaigns and maybe GM my own group.
gordona8
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Gary_Furash » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 pm

BG, have you collected all your house rules into a single document?
Gary_Furash
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zapp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 am

Please be advised, Gary, that according to her profile page, Batgirl hasn't posted since January last year and hasn't visited these forums since September.
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re:

Postby pensamento_coletivo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:09 am

Riggswolfe wrote:Ladyhawke as Dark Fantasy? I love that movie but it's more romantic fantasy than Dark Fantasy.

I thought the same but then I pictured Navarre as a templar, Isabeau as renegade/cursed apprentice of the circle of magi and the Bishop as a overly pious Chantry/circle mage tha lusted for her. As a result of her not giving in his advances he sabotaged her harrowing and Etienne had to kill her, except he didn't. She was cursed by a Fade demon, they escaped the tower and... the rest of it you know.

I... went too far there, didn't I? :P
pensamento_coletivo
Bystander
Bystander

Previous

Return to Dragon Age RPG