Here's the beta for you guys to test. Feel free to send me feedback at bigwal@hotmail dot com.
Use at your own risk, always virus scan. It shouldn't damage your computer, but always be safe!
Updated to Version 3 as of April 3rd
From Easy Share:
Beta 4, Upcoming changes
- * Fixed a crash when someone tries to save a crafted item to a text file (via double clicking on the item description)
* Added the ability to put an optional filter on to only generate items for several optional archetypes/classes (such as warrior, rogue, mage, archer, ranged(such as throwing axes), tank, Support Mage, and Damage Mage)
* Got rid of the Weapons file. Weapons are now in the Items file.
* Put in the Set Item creation tool. For real, this time.
* Changed some default values around.
* Added preliminary saving to HTML files with formatting(note: this may not make the release)
* Beginnings of random generic NPC generation. Will create stats, name, and fill out with items, based upon certain parameters (such as Warrior/Archer, rogue/assassin, etc..)
Beta 3 Changelist:
- * Fixed the title.
* Added Penalties, as a flat %. The more Enchantment Effects, the more chance of a penalty to appear. Of course, the percentages and penalties themselves are editable.
* Added fields for Advanced Magic Enchantments, but not enabled....yet
* Colour Coded: Black is nothing special, Gray is a trash item, Red is a higher quality item, Green is a Magical item. Orange is an Artefact, and Violet is a Grand Artefact.
* Added ability to randomize Artefact items. Artefacts and Grand Artefacts are much more powerful regular items, but much much more rare, and usually have just as many penalties as they do bonuses.
*Item Crafting: You can now craft items using a drag and drop interface, adding penalties and enchantments with ease. You can even set the description (and name) of the item to whatever you want. Right down to the price!
*Introducing Slotted weapons and items (Some items cannot be slotted). Runes come in two flavours, and items can have 1, 2 or 3 slots on them. Regular runes are just like normal items, but Ancient runes are much more rare, and more deadly....to the user and opponent alike!
*Fixed the item pricing system. It worked mostly fine before, so you shouldn't notice a huge tweak, but with the introduction of artefacts and other more powerful items, I had to find a better way to balance everything. Regardless: Everything is still changeable through varibles. What you should see now, is items with one enchantment aren't too expensive, but artefacts with 4 or 5 become worthy of their power. Use sparingly, this isn't D&D ;)
A few notes:
Double Click on the Item generation report to save the item out as a Text File.
If you make a selection, and you want it to NOT be randomized, be sure you click the LOCK option.
Also, feel free to toy around with the Variable section, to see what each one does, they'll reset on program reload so you can't mess it up for too long.
The Data files are in the \Data directory. I recommend Open Office, but Excel or even Notepad can open the files. All the files are COMMA delimited, except for the Magic file, which is Semicolon (;) delimited.
Most important, post your feedback! If you're downloading it, Let me know!
Try and break it to find bugs!