S&B and the Roo-Roo Joke adventure

This forum is for the discussion of Green Ronin's various campaign settings, such as Freeport, Thieves' World, Black Company, and the Mythic Vistas titles.

S&B and the Roo-Roo Joke adventure

Postby Admiral Venn » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:58 am

Great idea for a fun and short S & B adventure:

Remember the roo-roo joke (sometimes called the mabungo joke or bunga-bunga, etc.)? It begins with two explorers lost at see on a shipwreck who finally wash ashore on an uncharted island. They swim ashore and fine a native tribe hitherto unknown to the west. They hear drums and the tribal chief approaches them. Among the tribesmen is a bow-legged man wearing the remains of a British Navy uniform who has obviously been there a long, long time. He translates what the chief says: "If you stay on this island you have two choices: Roo-Roo or death. If you select Roo-Roo, after the rite, you will be welcome among the tribe; otherwise you must die. What do you choose?"

The first explorer naturally says "I'll have the Roo-Roo." By now it has grown dark. The tribe make a circle around the explorer and beat there drums in the torch lit clearing. Each tribesman takes his turn violating the poor explorer's "rectal rectitutde" until he is passed out and bleeding. Some use what nature gave them, some use spears, etc. The tribal medicine chief then takes him away and tends to him.

The chief and his translator then turn to the second explorer and ask "Death or Roo-Roo?" The poor explorer looks at the unconcious, bloody body of his colleague and replies, sadly "I'll take death." The tribal elders get together and confer and then say "The mode of execution will be 'Death by Roo-Roo!'"

I've always loved this joke and S & B gives me the perfect opportunity to incorporate it, literally, into my game! (Thanks, Green Ronin!)

My players who have recently "acquired" an 18 gun brig, find themselves in a hurricane; there ship is dismasted, floating around aimlessly, taking on water until they sight an uncharted island and are barely able to bring their wreck ashore, tired and weak, they are accosted by the tribe and old bow-legged Brit.... The rest is up to them!

I just had to share this idea and I welcome others to borrow it. Let me know if you like it as much as I do!!! :D :D >:)

Admiral Venn :yar:
Illigitimi non carborundum sunt
Admiral Venn
Bystander
Bystander

Postby forvalaka » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:59 am

It sounds like an adventure written by William S. Burroughs. Release the Mugwumps!
forvalaka
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Admiral Venn » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:24 pm

It sounds like an adventure written by William S. Burroughs. Release the Mugwumps!

You get the idea! If you run it let me know what happens! :P
Illigitimi non carborundum sunt
Admiral Venn
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Campaign Settings