Fantasy AGE RPG
Your Adventure Begins Here!
Leap into sword and sorcery adventures with the Fantasy AGE Roleplaying Game!
Powered by the popular Adventure Game Engine (also used in The Expanse, Modern AGE, and Blue Rose RPGs), Fantasy AGE is easy to learn and fun to play. Character creation is simple: Pick an ancestry, pick a class (envoy, mage, rogue, or warrior), pick a specialization (duelist, diplomat, pirate, sword mage, and more), and jump into the action. The heart of the game is the stunt system, which brings dynamism and drama to the table. Roll doubles on 3d6 to pull off heroic maneuvers in combat, cast mightier spells, perform amazing feats of physical and mental prowess, or even cut a rival down to size with a few clever words.
Begin your journey with the Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook, which has all the rules you need to play. The Player’s Section includes rules for character creation, talents, specialization, equipment, and spells. The Game Master’s Section includes practical advice, monsters and adversaries, treasure, and a complete scenario. Start your adventures in Breakwater Bay and experience the Stranger Shores campaign setting. Set sail for the legendary city of Freeport or tempt fate by going deeper into the mist-shrouded seas. Explore the Stranger Shores, use another fantasy setting of your choice, or create your own—Fantasy AGE is your portal to a new age of adventure!
If you will be running Fantasy AGE, you will also want the Game Master’s Toolkit, which features a three-panel hardback screen with all the essential game info you need at the table and a 32-page booklet with challenging new hazards and a complete adventure. It also includes a variety quick reference cards that put the stunts and actions at your fingertips, and a combat tracker that you can write on with wet or dry erase markers. The Game Master’s Toolkit is the perfect complement to the Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook and will help you kick off your game with style.
Already Playing Fantasy AGE?
The Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook replaces the 2015 Basic Rulebook so existing players may be wondering what’s different and how compatible the older books are with it? Let’s start with the features of the Core Rulebook we think you’re going to love:
- We’ve added a fourth class to the game. The envoy is the master of social situations, most at home in social encounters but still an adventurer ready to face mortal danger.
- Instead of waiting until level 4 to get your first specialization, you now start with one at level 1. This helps differentiate characters of the same class right away and it’s just cooler.
- There are now both basic stunts and advanced stunts. Basic stunts are always available to all characters. Advanced stunts you get through your class as you level up, and each class has a unique list to choose from. Advanced stunts give you signature moves that can impress and confound.
- There’s also just more of everything: ancestries, talents, specializations, spells, magic items, and so on.
The good news that the Core Rulebook is largely compatible with existing books in the line. Older stat blocks work just fine, so you can run adventures and use the Fantasy AGE Bestiary as is. Lairs and the Campaign Builder’s Guidebook are as useful as ever. Much of the Companion material has been updated and included the Core Rulebook, so that will be least useful of the older titles.
Fantasy AGE is also part of the AGE Creators Alliance, one of our community content programs. If you love Fantasy AGE and want to publish your own adventures and settings, you can check out that opportunity at DriveThruRPG. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/cc/39/AGE-Creators-Alliance
Fantasy AGE RPG
Your Adventure Begins Here!
Now you can be the hero in your own sword and sorcery adventures with the Fantasy AGE RPG! This is the game played on Wil Wheaton’s tabletop RPG show, Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana, and the game’s system also powers the Dragon Age RPG. The Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules are easy to learn and feature an innovative stunt system that keeps the action tense and exciting.
The Fantasy AGE roleplaying game features:
- A class and level system with three core character classes—mage, rogue, and warrior.
- Specializations like berserker, elementalist, mage hunter, and miracle worker that let you customize your character.
- A magic system that lets you build your powers through themed talents like Fire Arcana, Divination Arcana, and Fate Arcana.
- A game system built around combat, exploration, and roleplaying stunts. Roll doubles on 3d6 and something cool happens!
You can use Fantasy AGE to run adventures in the campaign setting of your choice or a world of your own creation. Just grab three six-sided dice and you are ready to play. Welcome to Fantasy AGE!
Your first stop is the Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook, which details the core rules of the game. It includes advice for game masters, a sample setting area, and an introductory adventure.
If you’d like some additional short encounters that can be expanded into larger adventures, check out our Fantasy AGE Encounters PDF series.
Fantasy AGE Settings
You can use the game with nearly any fantasy setting of your choice or create your own. If you like science fantasy, check out Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana. This book presents the world seen on the RPG web series of the same name from Geek & Sundry. It also includes a full length adventure that will take characters from levels 1-5.