Today Green Ronin released the PDF version of the True20 Adventure Roleplaying game. This innovative game engine first appeared in the Blue Rose RPG and it served the romantic fantasy genre admirably. It didn’t take fans long to figure out that True20 would also be great for other settings and genres and that’s why we’re releasing a core book for the system. True20 Adventure Roleplaying contains the rules from Blue Rose, plus a Modern appendix. The PDF version presents a complete game system but it does not present any campaign settings.
This is why Green Ronin is proud to announce the True20 Setting Search.
We’re planning a print edition of the True20 game early next year and we want it to feature several sample campaign settings. We are looking for talented publishers to lend their creativity to this endeavor. The challenge: design an exciting campaign setting of any genre that shows off the elegance and flexibility of the True20 system.
The rules of the True20 Setting Search are simple:
- Your company must create an original campaign setting using the True20 rules. The setting should be approximately 15,000 words and should be as polished and edited as possible.
- You must be a publisher (print, PDF, or both) with at least two released publications to participate.
- Submissions must be received by Green Ronin on or before September 19, 2005.
- You should send both a hard copy and a non-returnable floppy disk or CD with an rtf file of the submission to:
Green Ronin Publishing
Attn: True20 Setting Search
PO Box 1723
Renton, WA 98057-1723
- Each entry must be accompanied by a submissions form. We’ll be putting this form online later this summer.
- Each company can only submit one setting. We want to see your best work, not every idea you’ve got.
- Green Ronin will judge the entrants and announce the results in December.
- The winning entries will appear as sample campaign settings in the printed version of the True20 Adventure Roleplaying Game. The number of winners will depend on the quality of the submissions that we receive.
- If your company wins, you’ll retain ownership of your setting and receive full credit in the True20 book. You’ll also receive a royalty free license to use the True20 logo on any support material for your setting that you choose to produce.
- The only limitation on this support material is that each product must require the use of the True20 Adventure Roleplaying Game. Stand-alone games using the True20 rules are not permissible.
The True20 Setting Search is a great opportunity for your company to get some attention. If you win, your material will be showcased in a major release from one of the leading RPG publishers in the world and then you’ll have the opportunity to capitalize on that with releases of your own.
We look forward to your submissions.
Latest posts by Evan Sass (see all)
- Fantasy AGE Encounters: Ancient Shadows (PDF) - February 20, 2017
- Freeport Bestiary for Pathfinder: Pre-Order and PDF - February 16, 2017
- Press Release: Green Ronin and Greater Than Games Team Up For Sentinels of Earth-Prime - February 14, 2017