Green Ronin is heading off to GenCon this week, where you can find us at Booth #739. For the first time in many years the entire GR staff will be attending and we have a lot going on. If you come to GenCon, you can:
Buy Cool New Stuff!
We have four, count ’em four, new products to debut: Golden Age and Ultimate Power for Mutants & Masterminds, Crisis in Freeport for the d20 System, and True20 Worlds of Adventure. We also have new True20 “Be True” t-shirts and Freedom City poster maps going on sale for the first time. Quantities on all these products will be limited and once they are gone they are gone, so make sure you stop by early.
Play GR Games!
We are sponsoring a bunch of events that you won’t want to miss. Steve Kenson is running Mutants & Masterminds, Rob Schwalb is running True20 Freeport, Gary Astleford is running Thieves’ World, and Robert J. Toth is running Damnation Decade. This is your chance to play with GR’s designers, so make the most of it!
Celebrate Freeport’s 6th Anniversary!
This GenCon marks six years since the City of Adventure made its raucous debut with Death in Freeport. To celebrate we are releasing Crisis in Freeport, the adventure that wraps up the plot line started way back in 2000. This 64-page module by Chris Pramas, Rob Schwalb, and Rodney Thompson resolves the succession crisis and sees a new Sea Lord take power in the City of Adventure. Find out who it is in Crisis in Freeport!
Attend GR Seminars!
We are also hosting several seminars. President Chris Pramas leads the staff in answering the eternal question, “What’s New with Green Ronin?” Developer Steve Kenson tells you what’s coming up for the World’s Greatest Superhero RPG and answers your questions at the Mutants & Masterminds seminar.
Attend the ENnies!
Green Ronin has been nominated for many ENnie Awards this year. The ceremony is Friday night at 8 pm in the Westin Hotel’s Grand Ballroom IV. Come cheer us on as we see if we can win the coveted Best Publisher Award for the third year in a row!
Buy Bargain Bundles!
We are offering bundle deals for GenCon bargain hunters. You can choose from the following:
- Advanced Rulebook Bundle: You get the Advanced Bestiary, Advanced Game Master’s Guide, and Advanced Player’s Manual for only $30.
- Sanctuary Bundle: You get Shadowspawn’s Guide to Sanctuary and Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn for only $40.
- Blue Rose Bundle: You get the Blue Rose RPG, the World of Aldea, and the Blue Rose Companion for only $50.
- Freeport Anniversary Bundle: You get the brand new Crisis in Freeport, the Freeport Trilogy 5-Year Anniversary Edition, and Creatures of Freeport for only $50.
- Modern Damnation Bundle: You get Damnation Decade and the D20 Modern GM Screen for only $28.
- True20 Bundle: You get True20 Adventure Roleplaying, the True20 Bestiary, and the brand new True20 Worlds of Adventure for $75.
- Ancient World Campaign Bundle: You get Testament, Trojan War, and Eternal Rome for only $30.
- GM’s Resource Bundle: You get Todd Gamble’s Cartographica, Dungeons of Doom, and 4 d20 System Character Record Folios for only $30.
What’s that you say? You can’t come to GenCon? Well don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten you. We’ll be putting up the Ultimate Power and Crisis in Freeport PDFs GenCon weekend and you’ll also be able to take advantage of our Bargain Bundles in the Green Ronin Online Store. As for our new releases, Golden Age, Crisis in Freeport, and True20 Worlds of Adventure should be in stores by the end of August. Ultimate Power is shipping from China, so the print version won’t be available from stores or our webstore until September.
It’s going to be a big weekend for Green Ronin. Come join the party!
Evan (he/him) got his start in tabletop games in 1995, as a co-founder of Rubicon Games. Among other games, he has worked on Cranium, Cranium Hullabaloo, and the Pokémon trading card game. RPGs he has edited for include Everway, Ork! The Roleplaying Game, Spaceship Zero, Warhammer Fantasy second edition, the d20 System, A Song of Ice and Fire, Mutants & Masterminds, Dragon Age, Fantasy AGE, Modern AGE, Blue Rose, Pathfinder, and Critical Role (5e). He has been managing our web sites since about 2002. He co-designed Walk the Plank, our card game of piratical trick taking, currently available in print-on-demand format via DriveThruCards.com.