Well, folks, it’s the big day. Thank you all for understanding when we pushed the launch date for the Lost Citadel Talent Search by a day in order to let the Sentinels of Earth Prime Kickstarter have a little time to have its own launch all to itself.
Here’s where we get to the nuts and bolts of the submissions portion of our talent search! This is just one part of Green Ronin’s larger and ongoing diversity initiative. In this specific case, we’re interested in hearing from women-identified and non-binary individuals with a passion for dark fantasy. What we’d like to see are writing samples that illustrate a grasp of the elements typically involved in RPGs: rules design, world-building/setting write-ups, character profiles, and fiction vignettes, as well as writing that aims to hybridize these elements. Familiarity with the Lost Citadel property is not a requirement at this stage.
We will be accepting your submissions from today until May 15th and the winner will be announced to the public as part of our Lost Citadel Kickstarter on June 6th.
- Submissions should be no longer than 3,000 total words.
- Submissions should be sent with an introductory email that includes your name and contact information; during the evaluation stage we will be stripping the submissions of identifying information and assigning each a code number as part of a blind reading so they can be judged without regard to name, existing reputation (or lack thereof), or anything other than the quality of the work.
- Submissions should be saved as a document file and sent as an email attachment to email@example.com. Don’t worry about heavy formatting, tone-appropriate font choices, or other stylistic flourishes.
While the setting is dark fantasy and its core expression will be in 5E, you are NOT required to adhere to those specifics in your submissions. We welcome submissions featuring mechanics from any edition, or those for our in-house system (AGE), or even those featuring other popular systems you feel might be dark fantasy-appropriate.
Keep in mind that this is not a math test disguised as a talent search. While submitting a well constructed Pathfinder stat block may be acceptable, it doesn’t go very far toward showcasing one’s talent and/or ability as a writer, only one’s ability to do math. Remember, the idea is to make a strong impression with your writing.
By submitting your work for evaluation, you represent that you are the sole author of the material being submitted, agree that Green Ronin and its agents have the right to read your submissions for the purposes of this search, and acknowledge that Green Ronin is under no obligation to use, buy, license, or adapt your talent search submission for any other use.
She's also the sweetest person you never want to piss off.
Latest posts by Nicole Lindroos (see all)
- Lost Citadel Talent Search Winners - June 9, 2017
- Press Release: Green Ronin to Publish Lazarus RPG Book - May 1, 2017
- Talent Search Submissions are open! - April 18, 2017