You belong to a noble house, and its fortunes rise and fall with your actions. You’re a lord, a knight, a servant in the shadows, or perhaps a sorcerer-sage, bound to a dynasty of rulers. A vassal’s honor binds you to obey those above your station, and the responsibilities of privilege make you well aware that your lessers prosper or suffer according to your will—or if you fail, in spite of it. Your people are yours to protect, but the world is yours to conquer. You’ve committed your house to the Sword Chronicle, which is available to buy today!
Sword Chronicle is fantasy roleplaying in Green Ronin’s Chronicle System, now customized for you to bring in your own worlds of intrigue-laden fantasy. Within this book you’ll find the following:
- A classless gritty fantasy roleplaying game, where words can be as powerful as weapons—and weapons enforce your words.
- Character creation that gives players’ characters specific positions in a noble house of their own design.
- Rules for the fantasy ancestries of elves, dwarves, and ogres, and frictionless game systems for playing a character of multiple ancestries.
- Grim, dramatic combat where death is a risk, but profit comes from ransoming your noble enemies.
- Revised and reorganized intrigue rules for the Chronicle System, to give socially oriented characters real power.
- Mass combat rules fit for sieges and conquests.
- Subtle, powerful magic for the Chronicle System.
- Introducing the Shattered Era setting.
Buy Sword Chronicle Now
Buy Sword Chronicle: Feudal Fantasy Roleplaying, now available in PDF:
Visit the Chronicle System Guild
With the launch of Sword Chronicle comes the Chronicle System Guild, the community content program for the Chronicle System. Using Sword Chronicle as a reference, partners devise new characters, houses, settings, rules, and more.
After writing and designing games as a freelancer from 2000 on, Malcolm Sheppard is pleased to join Green Ronin as developer at large: the one who works on any number of games, from the Adventure Gaming Engine to Ork! Malcolm’s experience before Green Ronin includes Exalted, Mage: The Ascension, Onyx Path’s Chronicles of Darkness and Scion lines, as well as Shadowrun and Eclipse Phase. Outside game design, Malcolm’s worked in community development and education, and as a professional historical re-enactor, where he gave large metal swords to children. (They were blunt!) Malcolm lives in semi-rural Ontario, Canada.